top of page

School Partnership Pathway

Our Schools Partnership degree pathway is a collaboration between UCS and secondary schools. 

 

In this pathway, UCS offers a sports degree programme delivered within the school environment and which can accommodate up to three post Year 13 students per school per year.

 

The students are based within the Physical Education department of the school and combine their academic studies with supporting PE staff to gain valuable work experience.


The academic learning, delivered by UCS, comprises 80% online sessions with our tutors, equivalent to 2 days per week across 30 weeks per year. Students can access this online content either from home or at the school. The remaining 20% involves face-to-face teaching at a UCS facility, scheduled across three, one-week residential blocks.


In addition, students on the School Partnership pathway will benefit from a minimum of 120 hours of school PE department experience per year to include teaching, coaching, extra curricular clubs, leading fixtures, officiating.


The programme starts in September and concludes in May each academic year.


Who is the Schools partnership pathway for?
This pathway is for students who may want to stay in a familiar school environment in order to progress to a degree. Students will have a strong interest in sport and may want to advance into a career in Physical Education teaching.


Benefits for students

  • Providing industry based opportunities for students who do not seek campus based university experiences away from home.

  • A minimum of 360 hours of industry specific work based experience in the sports and physical education sector.

  • Opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom immediately in the workplace.

  • A combination of online and face to face delivery preparing for the modern world.

  • University of Northampton accredited Bsc (Hons) degree.

  • Potential to remain home based and reduce higher education borrowing debt.

  • Opportunity to access feeder primary school networks for future employment.

  • Opportunity to study Level 3, 4 and 5 Education and training qualifications alongside BSc, giving access to teaching within the FE sector.

Benefits to the school

  • By implementing this programme, UCS will extend a financial contribution to PE departments or school budgets on a yearly basis.

  • Addition of motivated students/adults to support PE department strategy.

  • Support with teaching, coaching, extra curricular clubs, leading fixtures and officiating.

  • Mentoring opportunities for existing PE department teachers.

 

Where do our school based students go next?

  • PGCE Physical Education.

  • MSc in Sports Coaching or other Sports/Physical Education related disciplines.

  • Further Education teaching in Sports/Physical Education.

  • Sports Coaching opportunities in professional/semi professional sports based in the UK and across the world.

  • Employment opportunities within the Oxford Virtual Education Group (www.vluk.org).

bottom of page